The Akwesasne Employment Resource Center (AERC) was created as a joint venture project in April 2009. Created as a ‘one-stop shop’ for job seekers, we continue to service to the community of Akwesasne and assist individuals with finding employment.
The Akwesasne Area Management Board (AAMB) and the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe (SRMT) are two major contributors who continue to support the ongoing operation of the AERC. They received support from the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne (MCA) and the Mohawk Nation Council of Chiefs (MNCC) to create a central resource center that would service the community by assisting in their job search.
Resource Lab – to provide job search tools necessary to connect to employment
- Access to computer for creation of resumes, cover letters and job postings
- Job board that lists local employment opportunities within a 2hr radius for both U.S and Canadian employers.
Job Finding Club – a free three-week program for individuals looking for employment, options and opportunities
- Develop a winning resume and cover letter
- Interview skills and preparation, learning the Do’s and Don’ts
- Group support and individual coaching
Also available at the Akwesasne Employment Resource Center is the Community Liaison for National Grid, Stacy Skidders.
The Akwesasne Employment Resource Center is located at:611 State Route 37
(518) 358-3047 (518)358-1502 fax
Open Monday through Thursday 8 am to 5 pm
Friday 8 am to 4pm